Guiness Pie-like Thing.(suzette)
Recipe type: Main
Absorb gasps of joy from fellow diners. Or maybe the gasps have something to do with them clutching their chests as their arteries clog! Who can say?
- 750g casserole beef
- 300mL of Guiness
- 500mL chicken stock
- large onion
- tablespoon of flour
- bay leaves
- 1 sheet of pre-prepared puff pastry per 2 serves
- Saute the onion until soft.
- Dice the steak, then brown with the onion. Sprinkle flour over then mix in.
- Add the Guiness, stock, herbs. Allow to reduce slowly over low heat to about one third of original volume, and meat is super tender.
- Cut the pastry sheets in to 4, then sandwich two quarters together (one on top of the other). Brush with egg or milk then back for about 10 mins on 190C, until puffy and brown.
- Split the pastry pieces open, fill with meat mixture and serve with mashed potato (of course!).