- 1 c red lentils, 2 medium onions, 2 sticks of celery, 2 carrots
- 5 c. chicken/vegetable stock
- ½ tsp. Salt, Pepper to taste (cracked)
- 1 tsp. Grated orange rind
- ½ tsp. thyme (dried)
- 1 c. orange juice
- 2 tbsp. oil/butter (either/or)
- Heat oil/butter in a large pan. Saute onion gently-3 mins. Add celery and carrots, then leave vegâ€™s to sweat gently for 5 minutes. In large pot add lentils to stock, add salt, orange rind, o.j. and thyme. Now add your celery, carrots and onions. Cover and simmer until lents have lost shape (about 1 hour). Cool slightly and reduce mixture to a smooth puree in blender. Return soup to pot/reheat when ready to eat.